WRAC KARATE FOR KIDS PROGRAM
Yoshukai Karate can trace its lineage back to the founding fathers of karate in Okinawa over three hundred years ago. The Japanese Grandmaster, Katsuoh Yamamoto, began his formal training in the Chito-Ryu style under Dr. Chitose. In 1959, he opened his own school in Kitakyushu, Japan. From 1960 to 1963, Yamamoto was considered the top competitor in Japan. In 1963 Dr. Chitose pronounced him the Grandmaster of the Yoshukai style of karate. Today, Yoshukai is a worldwide organization.
Shihan Hiroaki Toyama and Shihan Mike Culbreth established the World Yoshukai Karate Kobudo Organization, under the authority of Grandmaster Yamamoto. WYKKO is the only Yoshukai style in the US that is authorized and certified by Grandmaster Yamamoto.
FIVE PRECEPTS: SHUGYOSHA GOKUN:
Respect and Manners Hitotsu – Reigi o omonzubeshi
Be Prudent in Action Hitostu – Taido o iumushimushi
Be Prudent in Speech Hitostu – Gengo o tsutsugamushi
Keep High Spirited Hitostu – Iki o sajan ni subeshi
Keep Yourself Clean Hitostu – Seiketsu o mine to subeshi
OBLIGATIONS OF ALL YOSHUKAI STUDENTS
1. To devote themselves towards the development of one another, spiritually, intellectually, and physically.
2. To be constantly alert to the teachings of their superiors always endeavoring to master the secrets of this martial art.
3. To meet with fortitude any and all obstacles which may arise to hamper the attainment of goals.
4. To be courteous in deportment and to always remember the virtue of modesty.
5. To avoid all unnecessary incidents and to use this art only when all other means of self-preservation would fail.
6. Through the teachings of the foregoing principles, to strive to become good citizens and worthy community members.
All new students are required to join the World Yoshukai Karate Kobudo Organization after the first 30 days.
The cost is $50 for one member, 2 in family is $75, 3 in family is $95 and 4 or more is $110 per year. You will receive an Organization packet and your tenth Kyu test is free.