The WRAC was been ordered to shut down the use of all facilities effective immediately. Club use is not available between now and April 6th or until the "stay at home" order and closure of recreational facilities has been lifted by the Governor.
IMPORTANT OPEN LETTER TO OUR MEMBERS - FRIDAY, 3/27
Dear WRAC Member-Owners,
We miss you, and hope you’re finding temporary ways to substitute for your normal exercise and recreation routines. We look forward to the coming days when social isolation won’t be necessary, and our extended WRAC family can gather together again. Until then, we wish you good health and confidence we’ll get through this together.
While no one knows the duration of the WRAC closure, our doors will open immediately after the public health authorities tell us it is safe to do so. Meanwhile, your WRAC board and staff have been working hard to assess the potential financial impact of this unprecedented situation to your member-owned club. Over the past several years, we have worked hard to put the club in a stronger financial position, and we have been able to slowly build a reserve in case something negatively impacted our operation. That day is here.
Our stronger financial position is due to steady membership growth over the past several years, and that membership growth and retention is largely due to an outstanding team led by our General Manager Evy Gillin. The Board has absolute confidence in our leadership and believes our current team is the best it’s ever been. It’s not possible to insert the name of every wonderful team member, but imagine your favorites right now. They love their job, and their dedication and passion are the reason our club has grown and prospered in recent years. Through 59 years of operation, the WRAC has acquired real estate, built buildings, and purchased equipment. But our greatest asset is our team of people that serve our member-owners as they pursue healthy lives. Protecting and preserving that team of wonderful individuals is our number one objective in this crisis, and the Board is willing to spend a portion of our reserves to keep that team intact. But given financial limitations, we need your help.
Monthly dues are the lifeblood of our operation, and represent about 70% of our revenues. Ancillary income from lessons, personal training, classes, massages, deli, and pro shop sales make up the other 30%. Those ancillary revenues have gone to zero during this closure. We are reliant upon our monthly dues revenue to pay the fixed costs of our operation such as our mortgage while we are closed.
We also realize many of our member-owners may be experiencing financial hardship themselves, and that in any case, the closure of the WRAC means that you aren’t getting what you paid for. With that in mind, the Board is making the following financial accommodations for the month of April:
The WRAC is different than other recreational offerings in our community. It is member-owned, and is a non-profit organization. It is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors that understands the ongoing financial viability of the WRAC is our primary responsibility. Keeping our outstanding team intact is part of that strategy, and we believe that with your ongoing support, we are well positioned to endure this crisis, and prosper going forward.
Please feel free to contact any of us to discuss your thoughts or concerns.
WRAC Board of Directors
For a detailed Q & A - please refer to this WRAC Clovid-19 Closure FAQ sheet
Where we get to play... "almost" every day!
Get in the game with regular program play, tournaments and mixers for all level players.
Get involved with programs and tournaments or sign up for a Beginner Clinic or Lesson today.